Monday, January 23, 2017

Johnnys Trading Spot Trade Mail

I received a nice PWE from John containing a bunch of, what else, Angels cards.


2004 Donruss Team Heroes #441
Sometimes you can forget who played for your team.
I saw this Bartolo Colon card and thought, "Oh yeah, forgot he played for them".
And if I recall, I got another card of him early last year and thought the same thing.
Colon was an Angel from 2004-2007. He won 21 games for them in 2005.
So why don't I remember that.


Nice variety of cards.


1994 Donruss #83 Special Edition
Another gold foil edition done right.
I'm toying with doing a box break of 1994 Donruss Series 1.
I'm about 6 cards short of the team set and there's a lot of good Salmon's in there.


1988 Donruss Baseballs Best
I didn't care for the blue base set, but I dig this orange version.

Thank for the PWE John.





3 comments:

  1. Funny - when I think of Colon, I think of him as an Angel first. This is largely due to the fact that he was an Angel when I started becoming a rabid baseball fan and he won the Cy Young in that stint.

    Funny how the human brain works and differs from person to person, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that and I'm just getting old. Seen too many guys come and go from the Angels!

      Delete
  2. I remember going to at least a couple of autographs signings when Colon was an Angel.

    He never ended up being that top of the rotation ace Angels fans expected - though it is utterly amazing, he is still pitching through his mid 40s.

    ReplyDelete