Thursday, January 10, 2019

The Ramones (and I) Gotta Wait On Glenn Hubbard

So the song goes:
I can't make it on time
I can't make it on time
I keep tryin' and tryin'
I can't make it on time
I can't hurry and you can't wait
It doesn't matter 'cause we're already late
I can't get off the telephone
It always rings when I'm alone
You gotta wait wait
Cause you don't need no one
Wait wait
Cause you know that I'm the one
You gotta wait
Hey, hey, hey

I've been waiting on Glen Hubbard for 4,941 days.
 On June 28th 2005, I mailed three cards to Glenn Hubbard c/o the Atlanta Braves.
I think he was a coach or in the front office at the time.

Then I waited.
 On January 3, 2019 I got them back 4,941 days, or about 13.5 years, later!

Pretty sure that's my longest wait ever.

Whats funny is that after mailing these I waited 2 years, and considering them lost, I mailed 3 more in April 2007 to his home address. When those cards came back signed after 1,718 days (a little over 4.5 years later) I for sure thought that the 2005 cards were looong gone.

Not so, and what an awesome surprise.


5 comments:

  1. WOW. That's awesome. I'm impressed at both the turnaround time AND the fact you tracked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using sportscollectors.net for years. I don't send many out anymore, but its always fun to get one back.

      Delete
  2. Wow. That's pretty awesome! I wonder why it took him so long to sign these cards.

    P.S. Received your padded envelope in the mail today! I'm looking forward to busting it open this weekend. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy! I think you just doubled my longest tournaround time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! There's teenagers wandering about posting Instagram selfies the same age as that wait time!

    ReplyDelete