Friday, August 16, 2019

The Hitting Crosschecker's Autograph

I was pulling some autograph cards out of my "for sale" box to contribute to Padrographs Autograph Frankenset. As I'd pull a card I'd google the player to see if he has/had any association to the Angels. If he did, I kept that card for myself. Jason Ellison's card is one that I kept for myself, even though he never actually played for the Angels. This card will now go in my Angels Autographs binder.
2005 Topps Total #563

Turns out, Jason is a member of the Angels Amateur Scouting Staff, as the Hitting Crosschecker. Basically he's a scout that gives a second opinion on the reports filed by scouts in the field.

I originally received this autographed card in person, I think at a Rangers game when he played for them in 2008.

1 comment:

  1. Now that's some dedicated team collecting. Very cool of you to help out Rod with his project. It's been fun watching his progress.

    ReplyDelete