Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Junk Mall Junk Wax Wednesday

 Let's rip some racing!


I'm not into racing cards but I found this pack for less than the listed price and figured I'd give it a go.
Pack contains 23 cards with a chance to pull a Davey Allison stamped card, Silver Series '93 stamped parallel cards, Alan Kulwicki memorial card, or a Davey Allison hologram.


A mechanic names Knuckles, how appropriate.


Richard Petty. 
That's got to be a good pull right?


Looks like his driving days ended the year before as this card has him listed as an owner now.


I remember when Jeff Gordon and the Du Pont car were all the rage back in the 90's.


Father-son pack!


These are the two Silver Series '93 parallel cards in the pack.


And one from the 15-card Davey Allison set.


Complimentary brochure/entry form/MRN Broadcast Schedule.

Any racing card fans out there?





5 comments:

  1. I am the Track Announcer at two local dirt racetracks. I've been a race fan most of my life. I'm not really into NASCAR or asphalt racing in general. Ken Schrader is still racing. He races mainly on dirt tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame that so many of the photos are so stuffed with corporate ads. Not very aesthetically pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of words for names: Knuckles, Glad, Petty, Bonnet, Hill, Shepherd.

    Voting for Richard Petty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The design itself looks sort of McDonald's-y.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The closest I ever came to becoming a racing fan was probably in the 90's when Rusty Wallace was on those MGD commercials. I even went through a phase where I collected his cards. But honestly... I've never watched a race in its entirety.

    ReplyDelete