Henry Lee Foiles
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 195 lb.
Born: June 10, 1929 in Richmond, VA
Debut: April 21, 1953 Cincinatti Reds
Final Game: May 2, 1964 Los Angeles Angels
Years with the Angels: 1963-1964
Signed as a Free Agent with the Los Angeles Angels on May 26, 1963.
October 14, 1963: Released by the Los Angeles Angels.
April 11, 1964: Signed as a Free Agent with the Los Angeles Angels.
Top of the first as the starting cather for battery mate Mel Nelson. In his first Angel at-bat flew out to centerfieder Jim Landis off starter John Buzhardt in the first game of a double-header (went 0-4) against the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday, June 5, 1963 (N) at Chavez Ravine.
In 88 at-bats over 45 games hit .216. Started 23 games at catcher in 1963.
- Also played for the Reds, Indians, Pirates, Athletics, Tigers, and Orioles.
- NL All-Star (1957) Pirates
- One of very few players to have been selected twice in the Rule V Draft.
- Had two home runs and three RBI to help lift his Orioles over the New York Yankees 4-0 on July 30, 1961.
- Struck-out 3 times in a game 11 times.
- He also owned pitcher Jack Kralick going 10 for 18, hitting .556 lifetime.