Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tribute to my Father



My father passed away last week, one month short of his 83rd birthday. His health had slowly been declining the last year or so. All of my family was able to be by his side when he passed.

My dad was a good man, and besides learning from him to be a hard worker, and to be devoted to my wife and children, I learned to love baseball, and the California Angels.

Patrick William Tessier "Bill"
Born December 17, 1927 Pawtuckett RI
Died November 17, 2010 Fountain Valley CA
Married 60 years to my Mother
Father of 8, Grandfather of 19, Great Grandfather of 2
Served in the US Navy, aboard the USS Providence as a radar operator, from 1946-1948
Moved to California in the '50s
Retired as a Budget Analyst for McDonnell Douglas in Long Beach CA
Was in attendance at Nolan Ryans 3rd no-hitter

I'll miss you Dad.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. This is a beautifully written tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences. It sounds like he was a very good person. Witnessing a no-hitter is something all baseball fans wish to be in attendance for, he was lucky to see Ryan do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences to you and your family, Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Condolences - sorry to hear of your family's loss. Thanks for sharing a few highlights of a life well-lived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My condolences to you and your family. It sounds like your dad lived a rich, full life.

    ReplyDelete