Wednesday, November 7, 2012

TWGSITW

Advertising mascots and spokespeople come and go.  Some are memorable, others, well, not so much.  One of my recent favorites was The World's Greatest Spokesperson In The World for Nationwide Insurance.

I liked this guy so much, he made me laugh that often, that I had to have his autograph for my collection.
So I began the search to find out who he was.  It didn't take long to find out that he was comedian Bob Wiltfong (you can read about him here).

So I did a search for him on Linkedin, and sent him an email asking for his autograph for both myself and a colleague.  Rob responded and a while later I received this gem:


Love it!
I had asked Bob to add a line from my favorite commercial where he and the vehicles driver are strapped in their seats upside down in a turned-over car, and Bob managed to save the guys coffee..."Turned out to be a pretty good day...considering."

Genius, Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment