Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Visit To Historic Kokernot Field

My son had told me about this sweet little baseball stadium in the town he was living in, Alpine, Texas.
So when my wife and I heard that he was having an art exhibit during the annual Alpine ArtWalk, we decided to surprise him and drive down for a visit. 
Our main goal was to visit him obviously, but I had hoped for the opportunity to see the stadium.
On a dead, ice covered Saturday morning I challenged the weather and headed over to the ballpark.
What a joy!




Also on the grounds is the H.L. Kokernot Jr Little League Field.



If you are ever in the vicinity of Alpine (down near Big Bend National Park) you have to go see this.

If interested, you can see more pictures and description at my other blog Small Ballfields.

No comments:

Post a Comment