Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Best Of A 99-Cent Repack

I should know better than to go into Dollar Tree.
I never get anything good in these packs.
Here's the best cards, in my opinion at least.


1992 Conlon Collection #387
Good Ol Pep.
The Pepinator.
Pepasaurus Rex.
Salt N Peppa.
I had this complete set at one time. Series One I think.  I may still have it somewhere, I can't think of a reason why I would ever get rid of it.  I even put it in a black binder for effect.


1992 Classic Four Sport #267
Jason went to my alma mater Cal State Long Beach,
although the sports program goes by Long Beach State.
The team is the 49ers, although the baseball team goes by The Dirtbags.
Either way, nice card of Jason as a thin collegiate.


2000 Skybox EX #9
Everytime I see Mo Vaughn in an Angels uniform I think, "Oh yeah he DID play for the Angels."
One of my more favorite card designs, and the only Angels card in the pack.


2009 Bowman Chrome World Baseball Classic BCW20
First Chinese Baseball League player to sign with an MLB team, theTigers.
Thats' what the card back says.
I just like this card because I don't know how to pronounce his name.
Foo-Tee Knee?
Few-Tay Nigh?
F U Teeny?


2009 Upper Deck Series 2 #973
This is why guys later in their careers should not pose sideways.
Got a little bit of a sunken chest and a spare tire there Derek?


1991 Topps #236
Ah, my man Frank Tanana.
Happy to be playing baseball after 18 seasons.
And in 1991 he went 13-12, 3.77 ERA.
Not bad for an old guy.



2 comments: