Thursday, November 20, 2014

You Gotta Play Closer Attention

Plowing through Listia, hitting up my key searches fast and furious, because time on the PC is limited with 5 others in the family wanting to use the computer.  It's my computer, I bought it, but I'm always having to ask to use it.  Crazy.  So I make quick hits, add them to my watchlist, and more often than not make a last minute bid to win something.  Can't tell you how many cards I've missed out on because I didn't get computer time.

Recently I won this 3-card lot of 1980 Fleer Team Action Patriots cards:

...only if you look closely like I did after I opened the envelope, you'll see that only one card is a Patriots card.  I thought I got jipped, so I went back to check the auction.
It was then that I said to myself, "You gotta pay closer attention Man."

I'm happy with the single Pats card, although there is a second one from the set I'll now need, and a sticker as well.

Here are some more Listia wins, but I paid closer attention to these.

1994 Mothers 4 of 4

Down to 2 needed for the 1994 Mothers Tim Salmon ROY set.
I wonder if one of those pictures Tim holding a salmon?
Not!


2014 Topps Chrome XFractor

Something good has happened to my scanner, I don't know how it happened, but it sure scans xfractors so much better now.


2013 Topps Chrome Connections

Chrome still doesn't scan so great, but xfractors....dang!
This has got to be one of the craziest die-cuts in my collection.
Not as whacked out as 1996 Topps Lasers, but pretty close with all those sharp edges that need some serious deburring.



3 comments:

  1. I've burned myself on Listia too. For some reason I bid on a 1989 Donruss common. I got it, thought the listor sent me the wrong card, but that was what I had bid on. No idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you could always relist the ones you don't want or use those others as trade bait. I've had it happen myself.

    ReplyDelete