Friday, December 15, 2017

I Had A Feeling, Ian

On Wednesday night the Angels traded for the Tigers second baseman Ian Kinsler.
The Angels needed help at second.

I was glad to see the signing.
For some strange reason, I've always had a feeling Kinsler would make his way to the Angels at some point in his career.

It's interesting the Angels were one of the teams on Kinsler's no-trade clause.
I wonder why he labeled them as such...maybe he had some bad blood playing against them in the same division for the first 8 years of his career? I don't know, I'm speculating.


Kinsler was a great signer and signed a lot of stuff for me here in Texas, back when I went to a lot of games and was active at the ballpark. The Rangers did a lot of appearances back then too, and the Winter Caravan and Winter Carnival were always a great place to get autographs.

A couple years ago I starting thinning out my autograph collection; most of them going up for trade or for a buck a card (see tab).  I started focussing on All-Time Angels autographs so almost all of the non-Angels autographs went into the trade box, but Kinsler's cards I held on to, again, had a feeling that someday....

 ...he'd be turning two for the Angels, not against them.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play.
I think he still has some pop left in his bat too.
This is gonna be a good year!



2 comments:

  1. Ohtani... Kinsler... Cozart, too? The Angels are turning some heads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss Kinsler after watching him come up thru the minors to Arlington. He and I came to MI the same year. I'm not following him to CA though! Hope he does well there!

    ReplyDelete