Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Model Building Maniac

I mentioned a few posts back that I haven't been doing much baseball-carding lately because I've reignited my first hobby - model building. Fuji asked if I ever posted any pictures of my builds, so here a few of the latest cars I've done. I've been an airplane guy my whole life, but I've also enjoyed cars, ships, and tanks from time-to-time.

Originally built this like Dick Tracy's car at least 20 years ago.

Then I decided to rebuild it about 10 years ago, into a hot rod,
but it got put on hold, until last month when I finally finished it.



Here's another kit I started long ago:
I had built this kit the first time in the early 80's, and enjoyed it. Feeling kinda nostalgic I wanted to build it again, so I started one about 10 years ago.
That one got put on hold as well, until I recently finished it.


I just do basic builds, using spray paint and bottle paint. I have an airbrush but don't really have a set-up for it yet. And I can't justify the expense of after-market upgrades. The best part is the actual building of the kit.

Now I'm on to this one which I picked up at a resale shop for 5 bucks.

I'm not a pro-modeler by any stretch of the imagination, and I have limited resources, but I'm pleased with the outcome of these, after being estranged from the hobby for sooooo long.

Thanks for asking Fuji.


5 comments:

  1. You're a lot better than you give yourself credit for! What are your plans for the Camaro?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was gonna go silver until I found out it's not an original color. Going with LeMans Blue.

      Delete
  2. I used to build model cars with my dad as a kid, but I could only deal with the snap in place ones. The glue ones were too much for me to tolerate. They're pretty cool, though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had the patience and the skill to build these. If I did, I think baseball cards would be put on the back burner. These are awesome! Absolutely love them. I hope we get to see more of these in the future. Thanks for writing this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late, but this post was great :)

    ReplyDelete