Friday, November 20, 2020

Keeping Up With Code Cracking

I received this card recently in a package from Remember The Astrodome (more on those other cards later):

2020 Allen & Ginter Crack the Code Info Card
I was glad to get this card because I collect info cards, and I had been keeping up with the A&G's pretty consistently, or so I thought. I don't buy much A&G so all of the cards I have have come via trade. The issue came when I went to put this card in the binder with the other A&G code cards. It was then that I saw that I had 2008 (the first year for these) thru 2015, but was missing 2016-2019. I thought that was odd that I would be missing so many.
A quick bit of research however, revealed that A&G didn't do the contest for those missing years, hence, no info cards. Realizing that meant that I have indeed been keeping up and so far have the complete set of these.


Its a cool, quirky little side set that I've enjoyed assembling.

I've seen a few of these signed by the guys that "cracked the code" and got featured on a card, and that's cool, but I wont try to get any signed. I also have never tried to "crack the code". I'm curious though:

Have any of you tried to Crack the Code?


7 comments:

  1. I don’t think I’m smart enough to get too far in the code breaking.
    Just curious, on the card in the middle left sleeve, did you know that the clock in the mirror has a few variations with different times on it. Are you collecting all variations of that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I didn't know that! I'm collecting them now!

      Delete
    2. So in my stuff I found 5:46, 8:45 and 9:40! How cool! Does anyone know of any others? TCDB didnt mention this.

      Delete
  2. I feel like one of the blogs I used to follow broke down how he solved the Ginter Code. Like maybe in the late 2000's. It was pretty fascinating and way over my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I found one of the old blogs and according to it, there are 10 variations. http://noitulosedocretnig1102.blogspot.com/2012/02/dr-reginald-v-thorpwell-iii-or-how-i.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool. This isn't the one I remember... but it sure looks like an interesting read.

      Delete
    2. Wow! Thanks for the research. I'm now on the hunt.

      Delete