Sunday, February 13, 2011

Business trip

I got home late Friday night from Kansas City where I was all week, well actually I was in Warrensburg which is about an hour East of Kansas City.

I wanted to be able to hit a card shop sometime on the trip, so ahead of time I contacted Matt of Heartbreaking Cards knowing he was from the area. Matt told me about the Baseball Card Store a place he adequately described as "what they lack in organizational skills they make up for in quantity"...or something to that affect.

I found this to be true. The place was a shambles but the guy knew right where to go to pull the box of the cards I wanted to go through. Super nice too. I highly recommend a visit if you're ever in the area.

I didn't have a whole lot of time as I was on my way to the airport to fly back to Texas, but I had time enough to go through a couple boxes of vintage Topps towards my Angels team sets.



With the cards shown above I was able to get within 1 card of the 1977 team set (Bob Grich All-Star anyone?); within 2 cards of the 1980 set (Chris Knapp and Joe Rudi); and I was able to complete the 1976 set. SWEET!

Also picked up these game inserts from the 1980 Topps box I went through. I love these old Topps inserts. I have a bunch from 1983 and 1984 and some other randoms, but if anyone has others I'd be willing to trade for them.



Picked up a nice little 2001 Topps team sticker as well. I love team logo cards. I can see that he used the little sticker in the corner for the redemption card. If anyone has the AL West redemption card, I'd trade for that too.


Snagged a couple random cards. I see Tom Grieve often at Rangers events, and occasionally Mike Bacsik. Mickey Hatcher is always a good signer when the Angels come to town.

And I just HAD to have this 1977 Paul Reuschel. Dig those glasses. We called those BC or birth control glasses in the Air Force, guaranteed to keep the women away.

Next trip to KC I plan on going a day early.

No comments:

Post a Comment