Friday, June 17, 2011

Completed Team Set 1991 Donruss

I completed this junk wax set with a lot of help from traders. I had tons of these Donruss cards in the past but got rid of them before I started concentrating on team sets.

This set is in my top ten of least favorite, but I gotta have it for my Angels collection.

From the 2010 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards:
Donruss used a two-series format in 1991. The first series was released in 1990, and the second in February 1991. The 1991 design is somewhat reminiscent of the 1986 set, with blue borders on Series I cards; green on Series II. Limited edition cards included an autographed Ryne Sandberg card (5,000) were randomly inserted in wax packs. Other features of the set include 40 Rated Rookies, Legends and Elite insert series, and another Diamond King subset. Cards were distributed in packs with Willie Stargell puzzle pieces.






I dislike the set so much that I haven't used any for autographs.

1 comment:

  1. I think I am the only card collector on Earth that likes the 1991 Donruss set. Now the 88, 89 and 90 sets are a different story. But for some reason I always liked 91.

    ReplyDelete