Monday, June 27, 2011

Random Pack of Gypsy Queen

Probably my last pack of Gypsy Queen. Not a fan of this design.

The kids wanted root beer floats so I ran over to Target for ice cream and A&W. On the way to the cashier I stopped at the card aisle. I didn't see anything I liked. Since the Gypsy Queen was at the front of the shelf I grabbed a random pack. I purchased one pack and one pack only. I think it worked out well.


Lets tear in, top card on down.


First card out of the pack #34 Johan Santana.


Then #76 Felix Hernandez.


Followed by #117 Dallas Braden.


Fourth card was this #294 Garrett Jones.

Then came the goodies.


Mini #208 Mike Stanton...


and a second mini, #156 Brennan Boesch. These are Gypsy Queen backs inserted 1:6.

And much to my surprise:


Bad boy, Black Framed Mini Relic FMRC-CU Chase Utley.


The pack ended with this Prince Fielder HH8 Home Run Heroes card.

So for my first, and probably only, pack of Gypsy Queen I ended up with 8 cards from a 6 card pack, two minis, an insert, and a relic.

2 comments:

  1. This may be incentive to go get your kids ice cream more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the Utley available? I've got a #'d John Lackey relic or a Dan Haren swatch from his D-Backs days.

    ReplyDelete