Friday, June 7, 2013

Umpires Sign Cards Too

It's extremely difficult to get an umpires autograph before or even after a game.  They are the most elusive critters around, so I've never even really tried to get one.

Being a signed set collector though, you will come across the dilemma of having an autograph on every card in the set, and that includes checklist cards.

Having front office personnel or umpires sign those types of cards has been the norm.  Since I've gotten deep into several sets now, and I mean years into getting these sets signed, I figured it was time to turn my attention to the checklist cards, and I chose retired umpires for those.  The sets I'm working on are 1983 and 1984 Topps and 1991 Upper Deck.

I only started to attack this effort in the last couple weeks but I'm finding the turnaround has been very fast and reliable.

Terry Tata NL 73-99
9 days from Chesire, Connecticut.


Drew Coble AL 82-99
Drew included this signed postcard.
7 days from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.


Ken Kaiser AL 77-99
7 days from Rochester, New York.


Rocky Roe AL/ML 79-01
9 days from Mount Dora, Florida.


Larry Barnett AL 69-99
12 days from Prospect, Ohio.


Jim Evans AL 71-99
13 days from his Academy of Professional Umpiring.


Dale Ford AL 75-99
Did not sign the cards but included this signed postcard instead.
9 days from Jonesborough, Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment