Sunday, September 29, 2013

These Vintage Angels Were Lost But Now Are Found - Part 1

At the start of the season I was accumulating pocket schedules from all the MLB teams to trade with other pocket schedule collectors.  I'll trade away the other teams for Angels alone since I'm a team collector.  Besides, I just don't have the room to store hundreds of pocket schedules.  

Aways into trading I came across an opportunity to pick up some vintage Angels stuff in return.  
I just re-found the envelope of items at the bottom of an inbox on my desk...an inbox I obviously don't dig around in much.

When I came across the envelope the other day I was just as excited as I was the day I got it in the mail.
Some really great Angels memorabilia awaited.

1970 Topps Scratch Off
Jim Spencer is the lone Angel in the 24 book set.
That takes care of that team set.

And the inside is unscratched.



Three 1979 LCF/JAF (Fritsch) One-Year Winners, and a single 1983 One-Year Winners.
This would be the team set for the 1979 Angels, and add the Moose Stubing to the Bob Sprout I already have and that completes the 1983 team set.
Cool.


1971 Jack in the Box Angels
Signed by Rudy May.
May pitched for the Angels from 1965-1974.



Signed Angels Business Card
Loyd Christopher was a ballplayer for the Red Sox, Cubs, and White Sox from 1945-1947.
He later became a scout for several teams including the Angels from 1975-1984, for whom he signed Carney Lansford, Gary Pettis, and Ron Romanick.



1969 Nabisco Team Flakes
Again another team set completed as Fregosi is the only Angel in this 24 card set cut from cereal boxes.
Tough card to find I think.
I'd never actually seen one until this example came to me.

But wait, there's more!
Look for Part 2 in the next day or so.

1 comment:

  1. That Fregosi Nabisco Team Flakes card is pretty cool. Beautiful action shot.

    ReplyDelete