Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Where Have You Gone "Million Dollar" Joe Saunders?


Joe Saunders is here in Texas now and he's really stinking it up for the Rangers.
He has no right to start games.
But the Rangers keep giving him the ball.
Are we really supposed to believe that there is no one else to give the ball too?
 In his past 3 starts he's given up 20 runs in 13 innings.
He gave up 6 last Monday off 4 homers in 5 innings, after 114 pitches.
One-hundred-fourteen!
This season he's 0-5, 6.13 ERA.
And he keeps getting the ball.

I remember Joe being a very reliable starter for the Angels.
In 6 seasons he went 54-32, 4.29 ERA.
He went 17-7 and 16-7 in consecutive seasons.
Then he lost his mojo.

Funny thing about Joe though is that for some reason I still think he has some brilliance, maybe even a gem left in him.
So I'm calling it.
I'm calling Joe Saunders for a complete game shut-out in the near future.

Bet you thought I was gonna say no-hitter huh?


5 comments:

  1. Just read in todays paper that Joe got released yesterday. I need someone to pick him up so that I can see if my "call" plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping the Rockies could pick him up cheaply. They are using their #12 starting pitcher in the 5 man rotation right now and just today traded for former Brave Jair Jurrgens. Saunders might actually be the #2 starter behind Jorge de la Rosa today. Ugh it's been a long month of June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was 54-32 with the Angels.

    I think it's a matter of him not throwing hard enough and perhaps a matter of his defense not playing well enough behind him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, correction noted. I typed in the Games/Games Started numbers. Good catch Laurens.

      Delete
  4. Too bad he didn't work out in Texas. Since he didn't I can't say I'm sorry to see him go either.

    ReplyDelete