Sunday, April 22, 2018

I Always Look Inside The Cover

Topps new sticker book for 2018.
I've known for several years now to check inside the cover because, as advertised, Topps includes a small sheet of stickers if you purchase the album. So let's look inside.

There's the sheet of stickers, stuck to the first page in the album, the Angels.

Nice sheet this year, with some big stars. Most importantly, Mike Trout is included on the sheet. That's why I bought the album.
If I recall, I had no interest in last years sheet as there were no Angels featured, even though Trout was the album cover boy.

The backs only vary in the sticker number.
I guess Topps figured the backs just get thrown away so why go to the effort of having any player information.


Good design on the sticker, typical of the recent sticker designs.
I think this design would have been nice for a regular issue card.

The Angels page, as well as all the other team pages, have the same generic stadium background.
One border has the team name and a popular player.
Pretty boring. But it gets covered up with stickers so I suppose it doesn't matter.
Other years were cool though because I'd keep two Angels pages: the stickered one and a non-stickered which usually had a large Mike Trout in the background.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm a little disappointed in the album this year. The good news for you, though, is that you don't have to worry about the Opening Day "bonus" stickers as Trout missed the cut on those.

    ReplyDelete