Sunday, September 27, 2020

My Mistake Was My Gain

The other day Card Buzz was mildly lamenting how he accidently sent the wrong letter in a TTM to Storm Davis, it turned out well, but you can go read his post here. I commented that thats a pretty common occurance with TTMers and it had happened to me at least once. I shared how I accidently sent Eric Karros of the Dodgers, an Angels pocket schedule to sign, and how he wrote back and included a signed Dodgers pocket schedule instead.

I remember being kinda surprised to even get the return since Karros had just won the ROY award the previous season, 1992.

Anyhow, I just wanted to show those items off now.


Awesome.
So I not only got the autograph, I got a cool hand-written note, and a great story to tell about it.


7 comments:

  1. That was really nice of him to send you a signed schedule regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool.

    At least you didn't send him a Giants schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way too funny and it still works out, when the person you sent to still signed something for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew there had to be a reason why I've always kind of liked him... now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The signed pocket schedule is cool... but the note and the story that goes along with it makes it 10x cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great note. Always fun when an embarrassing mistake turns a return into something awesome.

    ReplyDelete