Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Junk Mall Junk Wax Wednesday 6, 7

Ripping a random pack of junk wax from the local junk mall.

I found a Ziploc with 8 packs of 1991 Score Football but with a label that said "Mispackaged". That piqued my interest, so I bought it for $5. All the packs are sealed (or resealed probably after searching for the Brett Favre rookie), but some seem to only have a few cards in them. Let's see what we get over the next several weeks.

Pack of 16 cards with no chance to pull an insert.

PACK 6 of 8


Subset hot pack! But with only 14/16 cards.


PACK 7 of 8


Hey an actual pack of 16 cards!

If my memory is correct, I think that the Score factory was near here in Arlington, or Grand Prairie in the 90's.
I'm wondering if that has something to do with the idea of these being repackaged.




7 comments:

  1. Funny! I thought about doing something similar to this post on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 90+ subset cards would be cool to get signed by both athletes. You pulled some big names in these packs, but I think my two favorite cards are the kickers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pack 6: Tim Brown edges out Joe Montana.
    Pack 7: Thurman Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have never seen those 90-plus cards before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I bought a lot of packs of these way back when, but I don't remember the 90+ subset at all. I really like the look of it though. It looks more like it should've been an insert, and probably would've been had they come along a year or two later.

    ReplyDelete