Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mailbox Autographs

Bud Daley signed these 1961 and 1965 Topps cards in 8 days from his home in Wyoming.  Bud has a 96% success rate.  He also signed an index card and answered my questions 
I asked him what kind of odd jobs he took in the off season to supplement his baseball salary.
"Any job I could get."



Johnny Orsino took a while to sign this 1964 and 1965 Topps, and an index card.  John took 449 days.  I was beginning to wonder if these had gotten lost since he normally takes about 30 days to respond and his success rate is 62%.



I sent these 1965 and 1969 Topps to Lee Stange the same day I sent to Bud Staley, Lee taking 7 days to return them with a signed index card.  Lee is near perfect with a 98% success rate sent to his home in Florida.



I think that the 1972 Topps rookie cards are my favorites, especially the two-person design.  Mel Behney ballpointed these, and the index card, in 10 days.  Mel is a perfect 27/27 on SCN, so if you got any cards for him to sign, and I think this 1972 and 1973 Topps are his only cards, you stand a great chance of getting them back.

I thought it was interesting where he chose to sign the index:

I got no problem with that.



Quick return on this Topps 1952 Archives card signed by Jim Greengrass.  Jim signed this in 10 days, personalized the index card, and answered some questions.  He was in the military in 1946-1947 and served in Special Services on the baseball team at Camp Lee in Virginia, and in Recreational Programs at Fort McPherson in Georgia. 

I can't think of a better way to serve in the military.

No comments:

Post a Comment