Thursday, March 15, 2012

Trade Bait and More From Cards on Cards

Kerry posted some trade bait on his blog Cards on Cards a couple weeks back and I asked about the David Ortiz below for my set.  Well, he sent me not only that but a bunch of Angels to boot.

I picked out a handfull to show you.

2010 Topps #155 Mike Napoli Purple Refractor 137/599.
Nap has been nursing a left ankle sprain and a sore left groin.  Hopefully he'll see some Spring Training action soon.

2011 Topps Update #US50 Jered Weaver Target Red.  For some reason I feel I have to choose which I like better: Target Red or Walmart Blue.  As far as the store actually goes I prefer Target over Walmart.  And since the Angels are red, I suppose I have to go with Target Red.  Although the blue looks good on certain cards.  Oh, I don't know.


2006 Topps Update #UH166 Kendry Morales Gold 1404/2006.
These gold cards sure make it tough to complete a team set.


2008 Upper Deck X David Ortiz X4-DO Xponential 4.
This si card I originally inquired about for the set I'm working on.


1978 O-Pee-Chee #173 Don Baylor and #65 Frank Tanana.
I like the older O-Pee-Chee cards because they have a different feel about them than the regular Topps cards.  I wouldn't be as interested if they were identical to Topps but without the logo.


2009 Topps Heritage Chrome #CHR131 Brandon Wood 0501/1960
Brandon is trying to make it with the Rockies this spring.  I hope he catches on.


1995 Pinnacle #US30 Brian Anderson Pinnacle Upstarts.
The scan doesn't bring out the shinyness of this card.  I saw in my SCBC that there's a Tim Salmon card like this as well.  Have to keep my eye out for it.

Thanks Kerry for more cards I needed for my collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment