Friday, May 18, 2012

1965 Plus From The LCS

More 1965 Topps from the LCS plus a couple of other cards for the ol' collection.



I didn't notice until I got home that the Houston/Astros pennants were different on these two cards.
Is that common with this set?  I'll have to do some research.


Also picked up the 1982 Kelloggs Carl Yastrzemski above and the 1983 Kelloggs below for a buck each.
Neither of which have cracks.
So these were nice finds.


I love Kelloggs and Hostess cards.  Maybe an idea for another collection someday.

3 comments:

  1. The 1st four Astros in the set, Mike White, Claude Raymond, Turk Farrell, and Walt Bond all got the little Texas logo. The rest got no logo. What's unusual to me is that the 5th and 6th Astros in the set, Al Spangler and Bob Aspromonte, were still in the 1st series like the 1st four. So the logo wasn't removed for the 2nd series or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it had something to do with the Colt .45s/Astros name switch. Those first four cards are also the only Houston cards in the set to feature the ".45s" logo on the hat. All the other cards were hatless or airbrushed black.

    ReplyDelete