Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Completed Angels Team Set - 1989 Topps

Twenty-eight Angels in the team set for 1989 Topps.

Dante Bichette finishes up the base team set.
The next six are from the Topps Traded set.
And the sole Angel in the Mini Leaders set, Johnny Ray.

The Angels Leaders card features Mark McLemore, but if you ask me it looks more like Devon White.

AUTOGRAPHED: Jim Eppard, Darrell Miller, Sherman Corbett, Terry Clark, Wally Joyner, Moose Stubing, Dick Schofield, Mark McLemore, Jim Abbott, and Stew Cliburn.

The back of Moose Stubings card in the base set offered the team checklist
Which does not include the Leaders card or the All-Star card.

Here's the backs of the 3 different sets for comparison.


And my favorite card in the set.
I remember how excited I was when I first got this card.
I was all about Jim Abbott the moment I heard about him.
And then to get it signed after that....well....

No comments:

Post a Comment