Friday, June 26, 2020

Trying To Catch Up

Blogging has a been a bit dry lately, but trading hasn't. I've gotten a lot of cards in the mail recently. I've been spending more time on my other hobby, model building, and that has infringed on my time to create posts about trades. I literally have a stack of 13 envelopes of cards I've received from trades the past couple of months. I need to knock these thank-you's out, so I'm combining them into one post. I typically like to show the entirety of the trade but this time I'll need to show only one or two from each trade. Here they are in no particular order.

Trevor sent a PWE with 13 cards including this 2020 Gypsy Queen Logo Swap of David Fletcher, and this sweet 1995 Pinnacle Drew Bledsoe. He also pulled some cards for my 2009 Upper Deck Set, several more Patriots and a few other Angels.

Fuji crammed 17 cards in a single PWE with only one stamp, some kinda new record. The stamp, however, says "Non-Mchineable Surcharge" on it so that probably means it probably cost more that a forever stamp. The Glaus card is a real beauty, the scan does it no justice. There were also other Angels cards and several sweepstakes/info cards.

I won a 5-card lot in the May BFG which included this 1989 ProCards Triple A All-Star Game card of former Angel Terry Clark. There were also a few vintage OPC cards as well of players from other teams. Also got another ticket for the big end-of-year game.

My June BFG winnings were a 6-card lot of, again, vintage cards. I seem to be a magnet for the vintage card lots. Looking forward to July BFG!

Picked these two Angels cards up from a free-card giveaway that Kevin have regularly. Always fun when someone is offering up free Angels cards I need. Glaus was heavy hitting third baseman for the Halos back in the early 00's, I miss him.

I think that I picked up this 2016 Donruss Optic Pink from one of Kerry's Free Stuff Fridays. He also threw in a couple other Angels cards in the PWE for kicks.

Nick had a Free Card Friday as well, and I was able to pick up the magazine card and the Trout card for sure. The Ohtani and eleven other Angels cards were graciously thrown in, and included several Angels parallels, chromes, and refractors.

Bo checked my wantlists and saw that I'm collecting the 1991 Classic Best set. He sent 8 cards towards the set. He also send 6 different baseball cards #444 for that collection as well. Love those #444s.

ANOTHER giveaway, but this one was by invitation only. You had to have commented on Greg's blog to get the invite to the free stuff. I selected this 1987 Fleer Game Winners box set, mostly for this Dale Murphy card, but also for the six Fleer Logo Stickers included. I'm collecting the Fleer Logo Stickers sets. There are a few Angels cards in the set as well.

Whoop! A 1960 Topps Dodgers card! The 1960 Topps Dodgers team set is one of only two non-Angels team sets I've been collecting. The other is the 1954 Bowman Dodgers team set. I'm also trying to complete this 2012 Topps Pennant Ever Wonder set. These came in a PWE with a handful of other Angels cards, and actually came before the Fleer box set above, as a part of Greg's first mailings in the early days of the Covid scare.

AJ pulled a few Angels, including this 1995 Topps Cyber Stats Tim Salmon, and several checklist cards, popped them in a PWE with a nice handwritten note, and sent them off to me. The perfect trade.

Chris goes the extra mile when sending cards. Each of the eight cards in the PWE were in thier own penny sleeve. That works great for me as I was running a little low on penny sleeves. Very glad to have the 1975 Tanana, one of my favorites and the several Patriots cards included. The 1986 Topps Andre Tippett card completes the team set!

Jeremy's fat bubble mailer of 46 cards hit just about all my needs: Angels, 2006 Fleer Tradition, Fleer Million Dollar Moments, Topps Ticket to History, checklists, info cards, scratchers, you name it! Lots of great stuff in there. This one will take a chunk of time to organize for sure.

Well, that does it. Took me almost 3 hours to create this post. Glad to finally be caught up.



5 comments:

  1. There's quite a bit of pink in that thar post

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how to clean off the desk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Diamond Kings Pujols is something I might track down. Very bright, but Albert is high on my list lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg over at The Collective Mind opened my eyes to the Non-Machinable stamp back in May. His post changed the way I'll ship packages from this point moving forward.

    https://thecollectivemind.blogspot.com/2020/05/cardboard-ocd-chapter-7b-pwe-is-good.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to help, especially with the 444's!

    ReplyDelete