Saturday, April 1, 2023

My Pack Days Might Be Over

I've probably purchased less than a handful of new baseball card packs in each of the last 5 years or so. They've been hard to find, or the cost has risen too much for me to justify. The latter turned out to be the case today. I grabbed this one today while at Walmart.

I didn't look at the price when I grabbed it, or even when I scanned it at the checkout. It wasn't until I got home that I realized these are now $7.98, plus tax! I probably wouldn't had grabbed it had I known that.
That price is just insane to me, and probably is the final nail in the coffin.

And here's what I got in pack order:





Not pleased with my purchase.






9 comments:

  1. Sorry you got burned like that. They really are pricing regular people out of the hobby when they charge that much for their flagship product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently learned my lesson about pack prices, especially retail. Not doing that again for a while, if ever.

    That said, your Peraza rainbow RC is a very nice pull. You could probably rake in more than the pack price with that card alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah this is pretty underwhelming for $8. Really makes me upset how this is the cheapest product Topps makes now too. Zero idea how they expect kids to get into collecting like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad part is the collation mirrors a few packs I’ve opened from the product. Hope Peraza gets traded from the Yankee$, turns into a star, and becomes a valuable card you can trade in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a few Twins cards. I think there are more that are not with the Twins than ones that are still here in Minnesota. Opening day in Minnesota next week is calling for a snowstorm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Target has those fat packs at $7...yeah no big difference, especially since they were $5 pre-pandemic. I've stayed away from Wal-Mart purchases since they seem to be a little more pricey than Target.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a few blasters of 2023 Topps and I've had my fill of it for now. Got some neat cards but that was about it. Gonna save my money and get singles from now on (unless it's a product I really enjoy like Heritage, Archives or even some WWE cards).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did ok with a blaster, but that was all I bought. Didn't feel a need for more than that.

    If you're interested in trading the shiny Peraza, let me know. I will gladly send you some Angels for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll eventually pick up a blaster... but I'll just save the rest of my money for a factory set.

    ReplyDelete