Thursday, September 21, 2023

The Hostess With The Mostest

 No Hostess cards today, but a couple from Burger King and a question about who might have the most.

TCDB #131 nozzlemaster

Some pretty cool oddball stuff, especially the 1980 Burger King Pitch, Hit & Run checklist.

It's hard enough trying to get Ryan's playing days cards, but having to keep up with all the new retro issues now is next to impossible. I wonder if anyone has done a study on which player has the most baseball cards? I'd go with Ryan, or maybe even Mike Trout with all the parallels we have today.




TCDB #132 Orry04


Always nice when these thick cards are shipped in a penny sleeve and perfectly fitting top loader.
I'm all out of the wider top loaders.




6 comments:

  1. YOU WOULD NEVER KNEW YOU SLOWED DOWN FOR A WEEK OR SO. THEY JUST KEEP ROLLING IN. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. Let's see.

    TCDB lists 22,724 cards for Trout. And 20,393 for Ryan. So if we trust their numbers--and I'm sure they aren't perfect, but they're probably a decent guide to compare players--Trout has more.

    Keeping with Angels, lets try Pujols, who has been around longer. 27,029. Beats them both. Who else, leaving the Angels? Miggy? 21,190. Verlander? "Only" 11,127.

    Maybe junk wax era guys? Let's try Griffey Jr. 3. Wait, that can't be right! I've got more than 3! 3 for "Ken Griffey Jr" but for "Ken Griffey Jr.", 27,082. I suppose there's nothing more junk wax-appropriate than making a distinction based on a present or missing period! So he'd be ahead of Pujols by the narrowest of margins. Ripken 25,393. Jeter 23,283. A-Rod 24,470. Ichiro 21,456.

    Other names I checked weren't close. I'm thinking it's Griffey or Pujols who has the most, but I'd be curious if someone can find someone with more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Blyleven is nice, I think Fleer should have used that design for a base set, especially in 1991.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking that Junior would probably be up there amongst the top card havers. Panini and Topps have been churning out cards of his by the thousands since he retired.

    ReplyDelete