Thursday, June 25, 2015

Five Hours At The Card Shop - The Other Stuff



2014 Allen & Ginter's Air Supremacy
About a quarter way through a box of A&G I started noticing a bunch of different airplane cards and they were all different.
I went back and started over this time pulling out all the airplane cards.
By the time I finished I had the whole set.
Not sure what to do with these now.


1974 Topps and a lone 1975 Wonder Bread All-Star Series
Vintage Patriots, mis-cut and off-centered as all hell, but very welcomed.
That Wonder Bread is a classic example of a 70's food issue card.


1991 Denny's Grand Slam Scratchoff
1986 Quaker Chewy or Topps Sticker Yearbook Mail-In
Never pick the knuckler to scratch off, everyone knows that!
I'm tempted to scratch off the other spots to see if this guy would have won.
But I won't, this card is sealed in time.
I'd be curious to know if there was a card for every MLB team and not just the Cardinals.


1968 Topps Checklist #356
Someone doesn't like the Cubs or Ken Holtzman.



1994 Upper Deck #185
1993 Collectors Choice #152
I added these cards to the stack because a young Chipper Jones is an awesome sight.


1991 Topps Stadium Club #392 Uncorrected Error
Pictured is Otis Nixon on Alex Coles card.
What's fascinating is that Cole was never even on the Braves (so how could this possibly be his picture), and in 1990-1991 he was with the Indians.  And Nixons 1991 Stadium Club card shows him in an Expos uniform when in fact 1991 was his first year on the Braves.  So Topps got it wrong ALL THE WAY AROUND.


1989 Donruss #208 and #154
A couple for the Player Collections.


2010 Upper Deck World of Sports #124
Another Long Beach State guy on a card.
We'll have to track him down and put in a request for an auto.


1990 Donruss Highlights BC-5
Pulled this literally out of a box of junk.
Just about every card in this scrap box was beat and tore up.
I'm thinking it's a genuine Cecil Fielder autograph though.


1979 Topps #202
Kept this card not because I needed it (I already have it in the 1979 Topps set I'm working) but because what it talks about on the back.  
The Angels get a shout-out.  So does Frank Tanana who's record Guidry broke.
Now to figure out where to put this card.


1993 Ted Williams Card Company
Pulled almost the complete checklist set, you can see the gaps above.
Any help?

I hope to have another opportunity for a day (or 5 hours) at the card shop soon.




1 comment:

  1. I have a bunch of Patriots dupes. Do you have a list of what you need.

    ReplyDelete