Sunday, January 21, 2018

Splash Three

The Commish knocked off three cards from my Top Ten in the sidebar. I sent Bob some Batman cards a bit back, always great to share the Batman with another collector.

1963 Fleer #21
This is great because it's the last card I needed to complete the 4-card team set together with Don Lee, Albie Pearson, and Bob Rogers.

1965 Topps #374
Down now to needing three cards for the team set. 
Cardenal had come over from the Giants system in a trade for Jack Hiatt, (that's why his hat was airbrushed black) and the young, all grins Simpson spent the first three years of his career with the Halos.

1969 Topps #183
Although the card is for the Houston Oilers, it depicts Mitchell in his Boston Patriots uniform, for whom he played in 1967 and 1968, even getting an AFL All-Star selection in 68.
That's why I wanted it for the Patriots team set.

2016 Topps Archives Topps 69 Super 69TS-MT
Though not super in size like the real 69 Supers (which are very cool if you've never seen one), this little guy is a beauty just the same.

 
1993 Duracell Power Players Series II Order Form
Way cool, because now I need to track down all the other cards in this series. Looks like I'll need to get six different order form cards just for the Duracell Series II set.
(And I believe Series I would have six different order form cards as well.)
Hmmm, if I had to pick only one set from those available I'd go with Set 4 which includes Jim Abbott.


2 comments: