Monday, March 19, 2018

Toys R Us Trout Pack

When I recently heard that Toys R Us were going bankrupt and would be closing down stores, I figured I would hit up my local store to see if they had any discounted cards. My TRU never really had a great selection to begin with, so my hopes were not high to find blasters for a couple bucks. Besides that, TRU items are typically a few dollars more than Target or Walmart, so any discount would probably just bring me down to those prices. Big deal.

I was a bit pleased to find that they had a few older items, slightly marked down, that I was interested in, one being this bubble pack containing another Trout wrapper I needed, and a purple TRU exclusive card.
I had to check my phone, where I keep a photo file of all my wrappers, to verify that this indeed was a new wrapper. The difference is in the blue text on the lower right.
The small variations will kill you.
With the wrapper now under heavy books to flatten it out, here’s what I pulled from the pack:
Top 8 cards, nothing fancy.

1:4 Bergers Best BB2-1972

The horizontal cards come up next, again nothing interesting.

SCORE on the TRU exclusive purple parallel included in the bubbler!
Napoli is a PC.

Very happy to get the Trout wrapper, and the Napoli saved the contents from being a total waste.


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new wrapper. I need to hit the TRU here before doors close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the man who loves checklists loves wrappers too. very cool. not sure how i did not know this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Julie. I know I have some peculiar interests!

      Delete
  3. Great Aaron card and Beltre is always a good pull as well. I'm glad you were able to find the wrapper you were needing and the Napoli card. Good guy and a nice card. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few other people I know have gone to Toys R Us, hoping to snag a few deals and say goodbye to the store of their childhood. They all said the deals were minimal (which makes sense since TRU knows that someone out there will buy their inventory so they're not in any rush to get it all out).

    ReplyDelete