Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Don't Call Me Figgy

I was sorting a big stack of Angels recently aquired through trades, sorting by year. And then I came across this Garret Anderson card:
2002 Topps Pristine

I flipped it to find the year, and that's when I saw it:


Can you see the error?


Thats a picture of Chone Figgins.

THIS is Garret Anderson, without a doubt.
Now, I'll agree that Figgins could maybe pass as a little brother to Anderson, but by the time this card was produced, Anderson was a well established Major Leaguer and Figgins was just coming up.
So, sorry Topps, no excuses.

I looked around and couldn't find this listed as an error or variation anywhere.

Should I point this out to anyone else?

5 comments:

  1. I love 2002 Topps Pristine but hadn't seen this card. That is definitely Figgins on the back, and you should note it on Trading Card Database.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good eye! The backs of cards have been receiving more attention lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good eye. I think it's a piece of collecting history and should be documented... even if Topps never corrected it... it still should be listed as an uncorrected error. Anyone else remember when Beckett used to use the code UER next to the card in their price guides?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now if you can get Anderson to sign the front and Figgins to sign the back...

    ReplyDelete