Saturday, December 16, 2023

Kustom Kabuto

Got a couple of really cool custom cards from Nick the other day.


When I first saw the Angels home run celebration where the slugger dons a samurai kabuto and struts the length of the dugout, I thought it was the most awesome home run tradition I had ever seen (and not just because it was the Angels). Now that Ohtani is gone, I'm sure the tradition is gone as well. And I will definitely miss it.

Really great cards Nick, thanks. Maybe someday I can convince you to do a set of all the Angels that got to wear the kabuto in 2023!


6 comments:

  1. Nice cards and in addition, nice full stats on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking cards to add to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay glad you liked them. I hope I got the translation right for the team names too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cool, I especially appreciate the homage to the 1981 Topps set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really great of Nick to take the time to make some customs just for you. I don't think I'd want anyone to spend that much time on something for me, but if someone did, I'd consider it to be quite the honor.

    ReplyDelete