Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Junk Mall Junk Wax Wednesday

Ripping a random pack of junk wax from the local junk mall.

Pack of 12 cards with a chance to pull a Platinum Collectibles insert.

Not a fan of the design. I prefer names on the front, and the Platinum logo looks like a silver blob.


Pulled a Fleury, pretty cool.
And I got 13 cards in a 12-card pack because that Tom Barrasso is a Platinum Collectible insert.

Too bad the only difference between this insert and the regular cards is the numbering.

Damn bricking.
I also would like to see statistics on the back.




6 comments:

  1. I agree about the names.
    Some nice action shots though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Names would be helpful, and bricking is no fun! Not a single North Star card? Oh well. Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I like the action shots with no name on the front. I like all the goalie cards; hard to choose a favorite. Is the one horizontal card on top of second set of cards a Patrick Roy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I opened some of this stuff... mainly because the LCS I worked at struggled to move it. It was suppose to be Pro Set's high end set, but the hockey collectors in my area weren't very interested. Some solid photography though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Names on the front and stats on the back!

    ReplyDelete