Monday, March 4, 2024

One page of Sid Hudson

 This series highlights "one page" at a time from my binder of correspondence and autographs from former players and personnel.


   Sid Hudson
1940-1952 Washington Nationals
1952-1954 Boston Red Sox
Spent the 1943-45 seasons in the military serving in the Pacific Theater.
"I was a pitcher in the American League (Hubbell and Gibson were in the National League) I pitched against Bobby Doerr. When I was a youngster growing up there was no Little League BB - we played American Legion Ball. Yes, I remember my first glove - it was a 1st baseman's mitt - I played first base starting out. My father died when I was eight years old. Barry Bonds was in the National League. I'm enclosing some of the highlights of my career."

Correspondence received in January 2004

Hudson passed away on October 10, 2008 at the age of 93.


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If I recall correctly, it was a photo copy of his highlights, kinda like a printout from a Wikipedia page.

      Delete
  2. Do you remember what you asked him when he responded "Barry Bonds was in the National League"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another guy that had a nice long life.

    ReplyDelete