Monday, March 18, 2024

Unboxing The Angels

I had been enjoying following Padrographs 21 days of unboxing blasters he had received for Christmas (every card collectors dream) when near the end I received a message from Rod asking for my address, he had some Angels to send me. I was excited to say the least and looking forward to a PWE coming in the mail. Well, more than a PWE came, and out of the fat Priority Mail envelope came four 9-pocket pages full of cards.

Thats not nine cards per page there, more like 27-36 cards per page! I'm assuming he sent me just about all the Angels he had pulled in the 21 days. So nice, and most of which I needed. I selected some of my favorites to show.

2023 Bowman Scouts Top 100 #BTP-89
Looking forward to this young guy this season.

2023 Bowman Platinum base and Ice Foil parallel.
And my new favorite second only to Trout.

2023 Topps Chrome Pink Refractor.
I love the pink refractors.

2023 Topps Flagship Collection Companion to Oversize Cards CTCSP-1
That's a mouthful, but a very awesome card.

2024 Topps Holiday Parallel
Took me a while to figure out what this was, but again, a really cool card.

2023 Topps Update All Aces

2020 Topps Holiday Garland Variation HW123
You have to look close to see that garland.

2021 Topps 1952 Topps Redux Chrome TC52-43
Chrome cards have come a long way from when they used to be dark and hard to see.

Rod posted a picture of a Topps Update Target Big Box that included what looked like an oversized foil wrapper for the oversized card included in the box. I asked if the wrapper was available, and he sent it. Only it turned out to be a photo of a foil pack, on thin cardstock. Very cool either way, and still a sweet Trout collectible.

Blessed and thankful Rod.


5 comments:

  1. Nice cards! O'Hoppe would have been great for a post yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just starting a post on Rod's send myself! ... Good point on the evolution of the Chrome cards. Now if only they wouldn't reflect your phone when you're taking a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to figure out what Topps is trying to show off in this year's holiday parallel. What is that design?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rod sent me a very generous package as well. A photo of a foil wrapper? That reminds me of those cards that Topps did a couple of years ago that were just photos of autographed cards.

    ReplyDelete