Saturday, January 8, 2011

Todays Mail: Triandos, Staehle, Roberge

Three returns at the end of the week with the first coming from Gus Triandos. Glad to get my '56 Topps back after 17 days being away from me. Gus signed my 1964 Topps #83 as well.


I noticed that the 1964 card is a Phillies card but has a photo of Gus in his Tigers uniform. Was this before Topps started airbrushing? Trinados played from 1953 thru 1965 for the Yankees, Orioles, Tigers, Phillies, and Astros. He batted .237 in 114 at bats for his career against the Angels.

Marv Staehle signed two of his rookie cards for me: 1965 #41 and 1966 #164 and returned them in 17 days. Marv also answered my questions. If there's not already a blog somewhere about it, I think a good idea would be one called "Signed Across the Forehead." Marvs '66 Topps would fit right in.


Staehle played for the ChiSox, Expos, and Braves from 1964-1971. He was on the inaugural Expos team in 1969. He sruck out in his only at-bat at Anaheim Stadium.


Some guys just don't have big bold blue sharpie autographs...like Bert Roberge. But that's cool. I'm still very thankful he took the time to sign my cards. And I only had to wait 15 days.


Bertrand Roland Roberge played 6 years in the Majors with the Astros, ChiSox, and Expos (are you seeing a pattern here?) and never played against the Angels.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that '86 Roberge card. I had never heard of him, so I figured that he was a rookie. Obviously, I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete