Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Strike One

I signed up for the Rangers newsletter just a couple years after we moved here, it was probably around 2004. They send out regular emails for special events or ticket discounts and such.

So being a member, going into last years post season it granted me a first priority to Rangers post season tickets. That is, after the season ticket holders went first. But it was still well before tickets went on sale to the general public.

I imagine that given the Rangers record of not doing too well late in the season, or that most fans were still in shock at that point, by the time tickets became available to me there still weren't too many people signed up for the newsletter, which increased my chances.

And it worked out well for me. If you've been a reader since last year you remember that I was able to score tickets to see the Rangers in the ALDS, ALCS, and the World Series.

Some of the best times in my life going to the post season last year.

Well this is year isn't shaping up so well. I got this today:

I not one of the chosen this year. 

I'm not so hard up to go stand in line at the stadium for two days, if it were the Angels, maybe. And I still have a chance at ALCS and World Series tickets.

But this I didn't understand:

I get it, do you need to rub it in my face by telling me twice?

I blame it on all the bandwaggoners.

1 comment:

  1. I got the same email today.

    I'm not one to count my eggs before they're hatched either. I know teams have to do that to prep for the playoffs, but I still don't like it.

    ReplyDelete