Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bible Card Sunday - Sid Bream

Sid Bream is probably most remembered for his slide at home plate in Game 7 of the 1992 National League Championship Series winning the game and sending the Braves to the World Series for the second year in a row.
Bream played with the Dodgers, Pirates, Braves, and Astros from 1983-1994. Bream won the 1990 Hutch Award for a player who best exemplifies the fighting spirit and competitive desire of Fred Hutchinson.

Sid signed this card with Gal. 2:20
"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."

Sid's favorite verse is Romans 5:8
"But God commended His love toward us, that while we were sinners Christ died for us."

1 comment:

  1. I got a card package from you the other day. Thank you! I will mail you out some goods shortly.

    ReplyDelete