Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bible Card Sunday - Gary Carter


We all know who Gary Carter is, a great guy and super athlete elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2003.

I will point out that his health has been rapidly deteriorating of late.  He has been falling a lot and a recent MRI revealed a torn rotator cuff.  A subsequent MRI on his brain revealed several new tumors.   He was diagnosed last May with a malignant brain tumor.

His daughter keeps an online journal here.


Gary's favorite verse is John 14:6
"I am the way, the truth, the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."

I recieved this card through the mail sometime before February 2004, that's when I started tracking my requests on sportscollectors.net. I imagine that Gary included this card along with the card that I had sent him to sign.

This may have been the card that got me hooked on this particular style of Bible card - the colored frame with the players name in white on the bottom.

If you're of the praying type, put Gary and his family on your paryer list.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of Gary's declining health, but I didn't know he was a fellow believer. Thanks for sharing this information. Thanks for sharing this weekly theme.

    ReplyDelete