Friday, December 9, 2011

Where to Start?

I admit it, a small Albert Pujols collection was started several years ago. It was more like I'd set aside any Pujols card I came across as I ripped packs, keeping them all together at the front of one of the rows of a 5000 count box of trade cards.

And I have traded out a few of those, quite recently actually.

But now that Albert's an Angel I need to start hanging on to what I have left.

I don't want to go back and start collecting every card he has, that would be too overwhelming, there are other players I'd rather concentrate on. I will keep all his future Angels cards I come across, but probably won't aggressively collect him.

But of his Cardinals cards I decided to pick one design and try to collect all the variations of that design. Kind of as a representation of the FIRST HALF of his career.

I decided on this design:


2005 Donruss Diamond Kings.

This is the only one I have, so the collection will start here. I'll have to do some research to find out all the variations on this design. Any help with a checklist would be appreciated.

Any frustrated Cardinal fans or Pujols collectors ready to dump their Diamond Kings? Let's trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment