Sunday, April 6, 2014

Quality Over Quantity - Damn Straight

Sticky note from Play at the Plate stated "Quality over quantity this time."
Simply stated.
I'm here to show you that quality now, found in the quantity of just 3 cards.

2013 Topps Update Silk Collection 43/50
This is my second silk in two weeks, the only two silks I own.
Strange little concept but pretty cool little cards.
You can put your finger in the little window and feel the silk.
Mmmm, silky.


2008 Topps Moments and Milestones.
Hard to see but this is numbered 15/25.
Is Moments and Milestones one of those crazy numbered sets where the cards pretty much all look alike except for the numbering? 
I have a few of these, and in my mind they all look the same. I really don't know much about them.
Time to do my research.


Along those lines, this card looked just like any other mini, or like the other 2009 Jered Weaver mini I have.
I kept comparing the back to the one I have looking over and over again at the hand-numbering thinking,
"Anyone could have written that on there" to pass it off as a special card. 


No number here...


Hand numbered here.

Seriously, it took about 3 minutes of confusion to realize there was no card number and this is indeed a hand-numbered 36/50.  Confirmed it on sportscardradio.
Shows you how into Ginter's I've been, I don't buy much.

That's three numbered cards under 50.
So yes, quality definitely over quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment