Thursday, March 2, 2023

Blog Bat Around: The Alphabet Challenge

Nachos Grande suggested this Blog Bat Around idea matching favorite players names to the letters in your blog title. I have a long blog title, 16 letters, so it shouldn't be too hard to come up with some names.

I have favorite players other than Angels, but I decided to stick with only Angels and only last names for my blog title letters.

Trout

Best player ever gets #1 spot. How appropriate.
Runners Up: Frank Tanana, Lee Thomas


Harvey

Dominant closer for a while.
Runners Up: Andy Hassler, Paul Hartzell


Enberg

Angels' sportscaster from 1969-1978, 1985.
Runners Up: Jim Edmonds, Darin Erstad


Abbott

If you never saw him pitch in person, you missed out.
Runners Up: Garret Anderson, Don Aase


Napoli 

Party at Napoli's house! (That came later with the Rangers though).
Runners Up: Mel Nelson, Joe Nuxhall


Grich

Best moustache in baseball.
Runners Up: Vladimir Guerrero, Troy Glaus


Eckstein

World Series Champ.
Runners Up: See Enberg


Lansford

Lansford had a cool batting stance.
Runners Up: Mark Langston, Fred Lynn


Salmon

When he hit his first home run in the 2002 world series, I cried.
Runners Up: Dick Schofield, Don Sutton


Izturis

Not many I's to choose from.
Runners Up: Jason Isringhausen, Chris Ianetta (like I said...)


Navarro

One of the early Angels. Nicknamed "Whiplash".
Runners Up: See Napoli


Ohtani

It's amazing what this guy can do.
Runners Up: Ramon Ortiz, Bob Oliver


Rudi

My buddy and I would imitate his diving catches when we were kids.
Runners Up: Mickey Rivers, Francisco Rodriguez


Downing

Always had an awesome haircut.
Runners Up: Doug DeCinces, Gary Disarcina


Egan

Early bonus baby. Caught Ryan's third no-hitter.
Runners Up: See Eckstein


Ryan 

Fitting to start and end with the top 2 greatest in Angel's history.
Runners Up: See Rudi




7 comments:

  1. Nice mix of great and obscure players.

    Loved listening to Enberg doing Wimbledon during the 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, I might have to try this sometime. Just mentioned Grich in my last post. Heck of a career. And Salmon was one of my favorites in the mid-90s. He had so many cool cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a darn good list of players! Thanks for playing along with the Blog Bat Around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list. My blog name is pretty long too, I'd have to come up with 20 names!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean shaven Napoli looks weird to me...

    ReplyDelete