Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Junk Mall Junk Wax Wednesday

 Ripping a random pack of junk wax from the local junk mall.

1990 Upper Deck Comic Ball
Pack of 12 cards with a chance to pull a Chuck Jones autograph, or a hologram card.

The initial release of the Comic Ball line.
One thing I never liked about these is that both sides are numbered.
Also, barely noticeable on some of the caps/jerseys is an MLB team logo.
This first set did not feature any major leaguers like the subsequent sets did.

Hey, I pulled an Elmer Fudd hologram, one of nine different holograms in the set.
(And it's already been traded!)
Again, noting the tiny MLB logos, you can see a partial C on Elmers cap, some will consider this a Cincinnati Reds card.

Would you include these in your team collection?


5 comments:

  1. I wouldn't search these out for my team collection but if I stumbled upon one of my team I'd probably slide it in to the binder. Pretty sure there are no Giants though (I like that Sylvester is an Oriole)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do include the ones where the character is wearing a Dodger hat in my Dodgers team binders, but I often wonder whether I should remove them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was back when the "hits" were actually good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a collection of these... but don't think any are part of my team collections. I'd have to see if I have any of the holograms in the Nolan Ryan or Reggie Jackson binders. If I did, they were duplicates from my set builds.

    ReplyDelete