Thursday, July 9, 2020

Contest Winnings And Then Some

I won a prize recently as part of Chavez Ravining's contest back in June, Alex posted about "the card that started it all"...the card that got him started collecting. He asked the question, and held a contest. Of the 15 winners selected I was #13 and here are my winnings:
Two really sweet relic cards. I was especially happy to get the Votto, since I'm a "Someday I'll Have a PC of Joey Votto" guy. The Moncada card is just awesome, I can't stop staring at it.

Along with the contest winnings, Alex threw in a bunch of Angels cards gratis, most of which are parallels and inserts.



AND there were also thirteen other cards to boot!

Oh and the card(s) that started it all for me?
Two wax boxes of 1983 Topps, in 1983.

Keep up the great blogging Alex, and thanks again for the contest.


6 comments:

  1. Great stuff from Alex! That Topps Fire Ohtani is strangely cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice contest winnings--congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Moncada is awesome - Topps did a great job with the color scheme matching the swatch/uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 15 winners. That was a very generous contest. I have my prize package sitting in my office waiting to be cracked open this weekend. It gives me something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Braves should have never gotten rid of Simmons. Congrats and great cards.

    ReplyDelete