Wednesday, July 22, 2020

The Express Meets the Dark Knight

Picked up a couple of Nolan Ryan's recently on Listia. I originally thought that I already had the 87 Donruss. Glad I double-checked before I passed this auction up, because it turned out that I didn't. I'm not much into the newer retro cards for my PC guys, but this was a two-card lot so I went for it.
1987 Donruss Highlights #53
2019 Diamond Kings DK205 Series 205-11

I was also able to snag this hard-to-find 1995 Skybox The Adventures of Batman & Robin Over-Size Prototype Card #S1
It's an odd size at 10.5 X 7.5, and I'm pretty sure it has not been trimmed. Unfortunately, my favorite Animated Batman villian, Clay Face, isn't represented.  I definately would have replaced Batgirl with Clay Face. The TCDB description for this card calls it an "8-Card Panel" but I wouldn't really call these "cards" because of the back:

...which is one biiiig back, and is representative of the backs found on the individual cards in the set.

Apparently there is also a "NNO 9-Card Panel" out there somewhere, which I have never even seen.



1 comment:

  1. Non-sports promo cards/sheets are just one more thing I really love about the 90's. I've never seen this particular one, but I like it. Best of luck in tracking down a 9-card panel for your PC.

    ReplyDelete