Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Completed Angels Set - 1990 Topps Big

I recently completed this set, or should I say "purchased" this set, since I plunked down a buck on ebay to get it. I already had two of the cards but figured this was the easiest way to check this team set off. For years I was no fan of the three "Big" sets, except for the Team USA cards in the '89 set which I consider fantastic. Over the years though these sets have grown on me and now I am actually kinda fond of them. 

This 1990 design leans toward being my favorite of the three, although they are all really catchy designs.

The cards were issued in three separate series, with series three cards being more scarce, making team set building that much more difficult and more expensive. The three different series are denoted by the different color backgrounds of the cards.
There were thirteen Angels spread across the three series. The only change I would have made was to have included a Bryan Harvey card.

Backs are fun and colorful. The Angels had some very interesting middle names.


1 comment:

  1. And I liked this set quit a bit when I was a kid, but not so much anymore.

    ReplyDelete