Monday, July 17, 2023

Leading Off With Wally Joyner

 

TCDB #109 CraigM

I think the early Classic cards don't get enough credit. To me they're a peer to the Topps/Donruss/Fleer of the same period.

Again, not really a fan of "portrait" cards but in this case the Ryan card is a good one.

A lot of folks probably thought that Studio logo card was a waste of space, but I love it!



TCDB #110 andersonadams1

Wow, does anyone kick like that anymore?



Speaking of guys with high leg kicks.

That's the corrected Gary Sheffield. I have the error card, and I remember when it was a hot commodity back in the early 90's.

Some of the more colorful checklists I've seen. And that's Chipper Jones for you Chipper Jones collectors. And should I include that Triple Play checklist with my Angels team set?

Harry Colon. Always funny.


4 comments:

  1. Finally got your package mailed off today. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was listening to that game on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I think of iconic high leg kicks... Ryan is the first person that comes to mind. Such a great windup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The early Classic cards were, and still are, better looking than most of the main brands of the time.

    ReplyDelete