Friday, February 9, 2024

Not A Basketball Jones

I hit up my local Half Price Books from time to time, you never know what you'll find. In the Sports aisle I came across this little re-pack of cards.


I'm not a basketball collector and haven't been much of a basketball fan for a long time (but if you've never heard Basketball Jones by Cheech & Chong please go do) so unless there are some pre-'96ish guys or superstar cards in the pack chances are high that I won't know who any of these players are. For only three bucks though I had to scratch the itch, especially since there was a relic card on top and a parallel (?) on the bottom, possibly good trade bait.

Starting off with that numbered relic.
2013-14 Panini National Treasures - Air Apparent Materials


Nikola Jokic 2020-21 Panini Chronicles Pink Parallel
LaMelo Ball 2020-21 Panini Chronicles


Hey another relic!
2002-03 Upper Deck - NBA All-Star Authentics - Warm-Ups
Okay, I've heard of Shane Battier.


And another!!
2021-22 Hoops - Rise N Shine Memorabilia


2020-21 Panini Absolute Memorabilia - Rookies Yellow
Tyrese Haliburton and Anthony Edwards


2022-23 Donruss


2020-21 Panini Chronicles

So, Shane Battier is the only guy I've heard of.

Worth the $3 for sure.
These have all been listed on TCDB if interested.



4 comments:

  1. Voting for Jokic.
    Battier was a big deal when he played for Duke.
    Ball is good, but his family annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't been a fan of basketball in quite some time... but I'd buy these repacks for $3 all day long. I remember my card collecting buddies going bonkers for Ball, but like Elliptical Man... his family annoys me. They were all over sports radio a few years back and it was painful to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are relics easy to move on the TCDB?

    ReplyDelete